Subject: Re: Shark IDE connector pin numbers
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/17/1998 10:45:23
On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 04:23:37PM -0700, Herb Peyerl wrote:
> Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>  wrote:
>  > where on the Shark board IDE connector is pin 1?
>
> well the connector _is_ properly keyed so I think you'll find pin 1
> is the one closest to the game-port (ie: that side of the connector
> versus the side of the connector that is closes to the video connector).

Uhm... well...

the only IDE connector key method I have found documented is to leave out
one of the pins for the male connectors, an fill it for the female ones...
I've seen this used in old IDE adapters, but it seems to have gone out of
fashion a few years ago.

You know, I only had real computers at home until know... either with no
hard disks at all (PDP/8, Tandy Color Computer) or with a SCSI bus on the
main board (Amiga 3000, Macro System DraCo) ;-), so my knowledge of IDE
keying conventions might not be up to date.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of