Subject: (unofficial) arm32 snapshot progress report.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/16/1998 02:11:59
As of today, I've verified that my SUP of -current from December 14 can
perform the following three times successfully on both i386 and arm32:

	build kernel, reboot, make build, make distribution (sorta)

i386: I built only the INSTALL floppy due to ramdisk overflows I was seeing.
    I fixed gnu/usr.bin/Makefile but there were no other changes.

arm32: I built only the tarballs (no floppies) and a CATS kernel.
    I have a patch file of the local changes that I have been maintaining.

The distribution lists were out of date because of the gcc2->egcs switch.
    I can fix this by walking my DESTDIR tree, but haven't done it yet.

I noticed (at least on arm32, didn't check i386 yet) what looks like a lot
    of missing /dev nodes that 'checkflist' did not catch.

I won't be able to get back to this for a couple days, so I wanted to let
everyone know how far I got.

What I would like to know is if there are more smarts about how snapshots
are built hiding in the tree anywhere. I would have loved it if I could just
(cd src/distrib && make) to produce a complete snapshot, but alas that did
something less, so I have been trying stuff I see on the mailing lists and
adding steps to my uber-makefile to remember what works.

Once I'm happy with it the whole system (including HowTo and TODO files)
will show up in ftp.toddpw.org/current-trackers.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com