Subject: Re: arm32 kernel crashes
To: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/15/1998 18:50:10
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, David Forbes wrote:

> I've now rebuilt a kernel on my CATS box with Charles Hannum's modified
> debugger, and things ran smoothly until activity on the serial port caused
> the crash again.  I've noticed that the point at which the crash occurs
> (in number of characters exchanged on tty01), but the point in the code is
> always the same.
>
> Fault with intr_depth > 0
> Data abort: 'Translation fault (page)' status=007 address=effffffc
> 							PC=f0116a6c
> Stopped in bash at irq_entry+0x88: ldr r2, [r7, r9, lsl#2]

Hi,
  Erk, I know that bug .... and I have fixed it for someone ... Hmm I'll
check as may be the fix did not get committed.

PS Yeh! my stuff has arrive from England at last. The down side is I am
just about to go back to the UK for Christmas so I am going to be
separated from them again ;-(( The new year should see me and my kit in
one place (I hope so anyway as I will be getting withdrawal symptons)

Cheers,
				Mark