Subject: Re: arm32 kernel crashes
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 18:21:48
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

: > egcs is deliberately set -Wno-uninitialized.  This is because egcs 1.1.x has
: > a nasty flow analysis bug that will tell you that a variable is used
: > uninitialized in lots of code where it's blatantly obvious that it isn't.
: >
: 	Unless it is triggered many dozens of times, would it be feasible
: 	to add -Wno-uninitialized to individual makefiles until the bug is
: 	fixed - its unfortunate to have the rest of the tree suffer, plus
: 	when its finished it should be easy enough to clean up...

You probably weren't watching when I hacked it into the code.

It's triggered by, oh, 60% of the code in the tree.  We'd have to modify
*every* Makefile.