Subject: Re: egcs
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 22:22:39
> : Thank you for your advice. How long should I wait before
> : upgrading? After all, this carries a risc.
>
> Carries a RISC?  Of course it does, you're on an ARM machine.  8-)
>
> Bad puns aside, you should probably wait for the next official snapshot.

Thank you.

I might as well tell what I need it for.
I have written some wave simulation programs.
A friend of mine has gotten a 450MHz Pentium2.
So I compiled my wave program, and it went 100 times faster.
I rewrote my program to use integer math, which was difficult,
and not entirely satisfactory, and my 200MHz RiscPC is now only
10 times slower. This was suspicious, so I examined the assembler
code, and sure enough, there was some inefficient memory accesses
in the inner loop.

Kim0