Subject: Re: arm32 kernel crashes
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 05:14:16
> toddpw@best.com said:
> > Aye Carumba!! USB in -current was broken for a few days this week. See
> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/mlist/current-users/1998/12/12/0001.html
> > and get a fresh SUP. Uninitialized struct pointers, very bad.
>
> Hmm, I supped a kernel on Thursday last week, and it locks the machine up
> solid when a PPP connects (mouse and keyboard completely dead), but this
> is on a RISC PC, which shouldn't have any USB code enabled.  Any chance
> these are related?

No idea, but your SUP was definitely in the danger zone.

One of the problems had to do with a member of a member being stored to
or something bad like that. It's quite possible that ugen.c was trashing
very random locations in kernel memory every time the bogus code was hit.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com