Subject: Re: arm32 kernel crashes
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 12:02:59
> Has anyone seen their arm32 kernel crash after some period of time with the
> following message?
>
> bash-2.02# Fault with intr_depth > 0
> Data abort: 'Translation fault (page)' status=007 address=effffffc
> PC=f00e9514
> Instruction @Vf00e9514 = e7972109
> db_clear_single_set:
> db_clear_breakpoints
> Stopped at      0xf00e761c:     ldmdb   r11, {r11, r13, r15}
> db>

This looks similar to the problem that I'm having with my serial ports.
The only difference in the messages is the PC.  Okay, fairly important,
but the instruction, status and address are the same.

I'm having trouble isolating the source of the problem because anything
typed at the db> prompt causes a further data abort, and it hangs when
trying to dump core.  Further, looking for the reported address in the
netbsd.gdb file gives a plausible procedure and plausible code.

Under these circumstances, (data abort in irq code), how does one go about
debugging?

Thanks,
David.