Subject: Re: GCC optimization suggestion
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 00:53:48
> : > Yes it does, but you need egcs for this:
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> : >   gcc -O2 -mtune=strongarm
> : > You need -O2 to turn on the scheduler pass, and -mtune=strongarm to tell
> : > it to tune the code for a strongarm.
> : How nice, except this does not work on my RiscPC with NetBSD.
>
> See the undercareted phrase.

Sigh. In other words, I need to do a helluwa lot of work, learning,
hacking, and installing to get this optimization. It's not worth it.
I have already spent far too much time hacking NetBSD to get it to
work at all. I would rather use my time developing applications.

Unless there is a relatively easy way to get and use egcs?

Kim0