Subject: Re: trouble building libc
To: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/13/1998 10:18:45
> I'm trying to build libc from current. The static version (libc.a)
> builds fine but when buiding the shared version (libc.so.12.34) I get
> the following output:
> This looks ok to me. -DPIC is used so why does the link fail?

Because it's not totally working yet. This seems to me to be the last great
bug before ARM is fully EGCS-ified. Until we hear from Todd Vierling or
Charles Hannum that it is working, assume that it isn't.

Beware: programs using libbind.a will fail to link statically.
I will be posting kludge patches to current-users shortly.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com