Subject: Re: More on shared libraries...
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/04/1998 09:55:51
Timothy Coltman wrote:

> On Thu 26 Nov, Dave Millen wrote:
> >

> > Timothy Coltman wrote:
> >
> Unfortunately I can't get QT-1.41 to compile. I'm not using pkgsrc because pkgsrc
> only builds the static libs and I want shared. Stupid thing won't work though.
> More core dumps. I tried to compile KRepton (Repton for KDE (!)) with qt-1.41
> and it wouldn't run at all.

<snip>

> Can anyone give me any advice? I'd really like to get qt-1.41 working with
> shared libs and doing what Dave suggested doesn't work with that. Also, what
> have I done to my installation? Should I trash it (for the about tenth time in
> a fortnight) and reinstall?

Hi,

I've been busy, so have only just looked at this. I'm not sure what you've done to
your system, but I've just recompiled qt-1.41 from pkgsrc on mine as modified with the
1.3.2 'as' and it compiled with no errors and produced shared libraries. KDE still
works, so presumably the libraries are working. I'm now going to try the latest
Mozilla - my present one compiled ages ago only works in the static version.

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/