Subject: Re: Random core dumps, more data
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/03/1998 17:46:07
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> Mark:
> >   There should not be any I cache sync issues with the PLT's. The very
> > first iteration of them (pre-dates integration) used to sync each jmpslot
> > when it was modifed but this was unacceptable from the performance angle.
>
> This was changed some time in August.  (Yah, yah, so I did it.)  I
> changed it back, and indeed I don't get core dumps any more.
>
> HOWEVER, there is clearly a bug here, and I'm not going to just let it
> slide by changing ld.so!!!

Ok so can folks talk to me about these things ? A number of people
recently have made comments about the ld.so hacks and I have heard
indirectly that various people have been looking into it but no body has
bothered to discuss the problems and solutions with me. Back in April I
heard that people were looking and rewriting bits so I did not bother to
address any of the problems myself. Even if I don't have time at the
moment to work on solutions for everything I am perfectly willing to
help out and discuss solutions.

Cheers,
				Mark