Subject: Re: gimp/mico/egcs1.1b
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
From: MadNortheners <phryc@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/18/1998 12:42:19
On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Timothy Coltman wrote:

> You are compiling it with pkgsrc, are you not? If not, make sure that
> you are. If I look at the '/usr/pkgsrc/graphics/gimp/Makefile' file, it
> tells me that it needs the following to compile gimp:

Yup, using pkgsrc, and got all the files.

> /etc/ld.so.conf file contains the directory where the libraries are
> installed (eg /usr/local/lib) and type 'ldconfig -v' to update the config
> files to reflect this.

Ok, I've got Gimp compiled and packaged. ldconfig -v says that it knows
about /usr/pkg/lib/***** but it wouldnt link against those libs - in the
end I copied them to /usr/local/lib. Why wouldnt they work in
/usr/pkg/lib/?

Anyway, is it worth while uploading the package, and if so, to where?

> Compile egcs1.1b first. You seem to be having problems compiling it,
> however, it *WILL* compile.

Got it to compile (the release version, at least) by commenting out line
254/55 of gcc/config/arm/arm.c - it checks to see if there is an arm in my
machine, but for some reason

if (! sommat->stuff)
	abort();

caused an "internal compiler error".

Anyway, I'll get on with recompiling KDE, and making Mico and KOffice.

I'm sure I`ll be back before long. Thanks for all the help,

TTFN, Karl