Subject: RE: Newbie question - finding old Risc BSD bits
To: <>
From: Theo Markettos <atm26@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/13/1998 23:06:50
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Gilbert, Christopher wrote:

> The latest sets are in:
> ftp://sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk/Mirrors/ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/
>
> Where you'll find the xsets and the snapshot of Netbsd.

Belated thanks for that - I've only just had time to try them, and almost
immediately run into problems.  Using the 19981001 snapshot, with either
RPCINST or RISCPC, and various combinations of options in BtRiscBSD,
including the default (/dev/md0a, ehbug etc), they get as far as
(roughly):

initarm: Secondary booting... mapping...

and then apparently freeze.  This is before it says it's probing hardware,
so unless there's something fundamentally wrong with the hardware, like a
processor it doesn't support (I'm using an ARM610), it's not happy. Has
anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Theo

--