Subject: Re: gimp/mico/egcs1.1b
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/10/1998 18:30:22
In message <Pine.SOL.3.95.981110145127.25425A-100000@primrose>
          MadNortheners <phryc@csv.warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> A few questions for the experts...
Hmmm -  I hope you don't mind if I try to answer...

> 1. I've got an almost complete compile of gimp-1.0 , except it wont lin=
> in the gif/jpeg/mpeg/tiff plugins. The compile messages from these
> libraries says to use -LLIBDIR in the linker flags, ie when I try and
> compile the plugins I need to use that flag. How do I do this? I have
> tried various things but dont really know what I am doing. What do I do=
,
> and to what files...
Maybe your libtool/pkglibtool or your pkgsrc tree is too old. You
should'nt get these messages. I've managed to compile the gimp package a
few weeks/months ago, but it's unusable on my machine: It kills the old
and buggy xarm33 after a few simple operations. :-(

> 2. mico wont compile. anyone compiled it and stuck it on an ftp/web sit=
> or prepared to email it to me...?
Sorry - I don't even know what mico is.

> Also, are mico/python/egcs going to be added to the pkgsrc tree?
Hmmm. At least python 1.5.1 is in the pkgsrc tree for ages now, I don't
remember if I had any problems installing it on my arm32-box. There are
quite a few python related packages as well... (those beginning whith
py-).

IIRC there used to be an egcs package.
BTW: egcs 1.1release is in the current source tree.

Bye,
  Thilo.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20