Subject: Re: as(1) problems
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/06/1998 02:43:55
> The toolchain on the arm32 has been fukked for a while, but no one
> has yet fixed it (to my knowledge).  Definately the latest latest
> -current doesn't work either.  I'm glad it's at least quantified now.

Well, both gcc and egcs seem to work okay with the old as(1).  And
static libraries and executables work with the new as(1).  It seems to
be shared objects specifically that are miscompiled with the new
as(1).  (And of course that means that egcs will core dump if you
build it with the new as(1), because half of it is in a shared
library.)