Subject: RE: error
To: 'M Pollard' <M.Pollard@bristol.ac.uk>
From: Gilbert, Christopher <GilbeC@tetraworld.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/04/1998 12:14:20
	-----Original Message-----
	From:	M Pollard [SMTP:M.Pollard@bristol.ac.uk]
	Sent:	Wednesday, November 04, 1998 12:02 PM
	To:	port-arm32@netbsd.org
	Subject:	error

	When i am compiling lesstif-0.86.9 i get an odd error saying
something
	to the effect of.

	ld: virtual memory exhausted

	Is there any way of getting round this problem?

probably the old (u)limit problem.

Try using:
limit datasize unlimited

I think it might be ulimit on some shells.

This sets the size of memory you can use.  It does depend on what the
maximum settings are though (and you need to be root to set the maximum
settings (I think)).

Chris

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and may not represent those of the company.

This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient. You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail to another pers
on or take copies of it.