Subject: RE: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/02/1998 20:34:56
Good evening!

Gilbert, Christopher writes:
 > Morning,
 >
 > > Subject:	cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

 > It seems that 1.3 is more prone to the strong arm bug.  Do these sets use
 > UVM?  If they're not try updating to UVM this helps with the SA bug.

Yes, now I remember I have read this before :-(

How do the development team circumvent this problem. Are they all
using StrongArm rev. T? Or does the UVM set completely get rid of
this bug?

 > 	[ snip disk errors ]
 >
 > > Are the above errors a sign of a malfunctioning disk or operating
 > > system?
 > >
 > Pass, could be numerous things...
 >
 > wdc1 is disk controller 1 (in your case this is the SIMTEC device...)

Yes, I see now after scrutinizing the dmesg output.

 > > Could these disk-errors be the cause of the compile errors?
 > >
 > Wouldn't have thought so, the compiler errors are a known 'feature' of the
 > bugged SA.  Did the disk work ok under RISC-OS?

I don't know. the disc has only been used for NetBSD, but of course
I have not seen the error since I posted the mail.

Best Regards
  Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: dtpimm@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running NetBSD/arm32 v1.3.2 on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202MHz StrongArm.