Subject: RE: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
To: 'Ib-Michael Martinsen' <imm@nethotel.dk>
From: Gilbert, Christopher <GilbeC@tetraworld.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/02/1998 09:05:13
Morning,

It seems that 1.3 is more prone to the strong arm bug.  Do these sets use
UVM?  If they're not try updating to UVM this helps with the SA bug.

> On the system log (/var/log/messages) the following error shows
> when compiling:
>
> Oct 31 21:03:05 nethotel /netbsd: Data abort: 'Permission error (page)'
> status = 00f address = 00000010 PC = 000ef7f0
> Oct 31 21:03:05 nethotel /netbsd: Process = f1593e00 pid = 303 comm = cc1
> Oct 31 21:03:06 nethotel /netbsd: CPSR=60000013 Traceback info
> (frame=f2a54fb8)
> Oct 31 21:03:06 nethotel /netbsd: fp->lr=f0126070 fp->pc=f012f1c4
> Oct 31 21:03:06 nethotel /netbsd: fp->lr=f0124b04 fp->pc=f0125ab8
> Oct 31 21:03:06 nethotel /netbsd: Trapframe PC = 000ef7f0
> Oct 31 21:03:06 nethotel /netbsd: Trapframe SPSR = 60000010
>
> Does anybody has any idea of what is causing this behavior
> and how to fix it?

Probably your strong arm.  There are moves afoot to replace the rev 2 (J and
K's) SA's with rev 3's (T's)

> Occasionally I get the folling disk-errors too, especially
> when I download large files (>2MB) from the Internet:

	[ snip disk errors ]

> When these errors occur the whole system hangs, not even the
> mouse-pointer can be moved, but eventually the system unlocks
> again after a while.
>
> Are the above errors a sign of a malfunctioning disk or operating
> system?

Pass, could be numerous things...

> I am using a Simtec IDE i/f with RISC OS drives on wd0c and wd1c
> and my NetBSD on wd2c.
>
> Is the reference to wdc1 a reference to disk wd1c (or wd0c or wd2c)
> or to disk controller 1 (or 0 or 2) on the IDE i/f?

wdc1 is disk controller 1 (in your case this is the SIMTEC device...)

> Could these disk-errors be the cause of the compile errors?

Wouldn't have thought so, the compiler errors are a known 'feature' of the
bugged SA.  Did the disk work ok under RISC-OS?

Cheers,
Chris

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and may not represent those of the company.

This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient. You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail to another pers
on or take copies of it.