Subject: Re: EGCS and structure returns
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/31/1998 22:43:52
On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

: I've finally had a chance to look at the structure returning issue in EGCS
: (sorry it took so long, it's been a bad week).

I've been busy with work-related concerns and have not had time at all for
NetBSD, so I know what you mean.  ("Hi Jonathan!  Yes, I'll e-mail you
tomorrow!"  :)

: Therefore, full userland library compatibility can be restored by
: reverting the compiler to using PCC structure returning conventions --

: Longer term, I think we should investigate adding the special
: return-in-regs attribute I was discussing before so that we can
: eliminate the undef of RETURN_IN_MEMORY, but that is not important at
: the moment.

And RETURN_IN_MEMORY gives us the -freg-struct-return compatibility, for
now?  If so, I'm inclined to make that permanent, because it's what the
shipped compiler did - unfortunately.