Subject: Re: Modem trouble
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/27/1998 22:42:17
> Which serial port do you have it attached too---I don't know, but could
> it be on the polling non-interrupt one built into the footbridge, if so
> could it be losing a character or something?

I've now changed the jumpers on the board so that both the southbridge
serial ports are used, and I get the same behaviour with both.  I've also
tried changing the set-up to use software handshaking, but this didn't
solve the problem either.

However, I've temporarily solved the problem by turning down the
computer<->modem speed to 57600.  I'd really like to get this back to 115k
so that I can connect at v90 if possible.

I suspect (as you suggested) that it is losing some characters somewhere.
I don't think it's a handshaking problem because the XON/XOFF didn't work
either.  However, the boot messages show the com port as set-up correctly
with IRQ and fifo.

Any clues that could help get this running at full speed would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

David.