Subject: "xsets" fixed for Acorns
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1998 16:00:56
At long last, I've updated the "xsets" on ftp.netbsd.org to accomodate the
idiosyncrasies of the Xarm-33 server.  You'll find in
/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/xsets an updated xfont.tgz and xserver.tgz, with the
changes:

- xfont: Use compress rather than gzip for the fonts part of xfont.tgz.

- xserver: Nuke XF86_Mono and XF86_VGA16; add Xarm-33.

FETCH THE UPDATED README.FIRST AND READ IT.  It contains special
instructions for installing these sets, paricularly on Acorns (non-Sharks).
The Xarm-33 server _requires_ the changes mentioned in that file in order to
function.

I NEED TESTERS!  I don't have an Acorn, so I can't test this stuff to make
sure it works.  All my visual checks says it should, based on the detailed
and long discussion here, but it has not yet been road tested.  ``If it
works, please let us all know.''