Subject: Re: Some not working packages use Lesstif or XAw3d
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1998 20:53:03
> This is just speculation, but maybe another solution which might work
> _most_ of the time (it is easy to construct cases where it could fail, but
> it would be somewhat rare for them to occur in practice) would be for the
> VM system to check if the faulting page really were mapped out or marked
> unavailable, and if not to just try returning to the address _after_ the
> one it appears to have come from.

At least for code that was generated by a C compiler it should normally be
fine. And I can not imagine cases where it would lead to problems, or are
there other cases that cause a prefetch abort on a not available page?. So
we should convince someone who is able to implement this!

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p