Subject: RE: Some not working packages use Lesstif or XAw3d
To: 'Peter Teichmann' <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
From: Gilbert, Christopher <GilbeC@tetraworld.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1998 16:19:44

Oops only posted the message to peter (doh)  Actually having read the doc on
digital's page it does return to the correct place but gets a corrupt
instruction.

> Hm. But if it is that would'nt it be possible to do a workaround in the
> VM system? It should be possible. You could have a look where the fault
> wants to return to. If it is a LDM instruction just before a page boundary
> you increase the return address by 4 so that it points just behind the LDM
> as it should. Could there be problems with such a workaround?

The problem is the overhead on decoding the last instruction on every page
fault, with a page being 4k (I think) which makes for a lot of checks.  It's
also because the problem can be fixed by new silicon,  so the problem
doesn't exist with the CATS and shark which all have rev 3 chips (I think)

Chris

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and may not represent those of the company.

This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient. You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail to another pers
on or take copies of it.