Subject: Re: K-Office
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: MadNortheners <phryc@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/22/1998 11:58:02
On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Thomas Boroske wrote:
> I configured solid window dragging on, that wasn't fast
> either, but better than the lag I got when only dragging
> the borders.

Yup, done that. Definitly better, but still slow. A mates Linux box with a
Mutts Nutts graphics card is still slow, but a lot better than mine :-(

> May be different in your version, but the 'startkde' my version (1.0)
> came with isn't supposed to start X (I know, the name is confusing,
> ie startx <-> startkde). It's just a small skript that starts
> kfm, krootwm etc etc and finally kwm. Ie call it from your
> .xsession and/or .xinitrc inplace of your previous wm (that
> you all as last task).
> In other words, unless your startkde is different, the behaviour
> is perfectly normal and not an error.

Hmm. My startkde is, as you say, just a simple script. I run it and it
tries each line and each command screams cos it 'cant talk to x-server'
and then it stops...
I'll try sticking it in .xinitrc, and see if that works.

TTFN, Karl