Subject: Re: Many broken packages use Scheme -- weird!
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/21/1998 12:43:26
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@panix.com> writes:
> Is there something unusual about the arm32 architecture that would be
> particularly likely to show up bugs in a Scheme interpreter?

I'm no real expert on ARM, but one surprising (to me, somebody who's
used to other architectures) thing we found while hacking drivers was
that unaligned accesses produce "weird" data (basically, the data
'rolled' in the register, depending on the address used to fetch it).

I could believe that there'd be lossage there.

cgd