Subject: Booting a CATS board
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/21/1998 11:52:43
Hi all,

I now have a CATS board and the associated NetBSD snapshot CD (19981006),
but I'm unsure _which_ NetBSD to do a netboot from. I see both a NetBSD and
a Chalice directory, and both of them have what appear to be complete NetBSD
installation sets.. is the choice entirely up to me, or is there some reason
for there being a separate Chalice snapshot?

-Edwin

PS: Is there documentation for the firmware around? All that came in my box
was the board and the CD, and the CD doesn't really have any docs on the
firmware that I can find. "help boot" is helpful, except that there's no
example of what [bootpath] should be. Can I treat the firmware like the
Shark's Open Firmware?

---
Edwin Foo
Compaq Computer Corp. - Cambridge Research Lab
MIT EECS BS '98, M. Eng. '99