Subject: Re: How to mount a ADFS partition?
To: Andrew McMurry <a.mcmurry1@physics.oxford.ac.uk>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/20/1998 23:43:06
In message <199810201442.PAA02975@ares.physics.ox.ac.uk> you wrote:

> > But how do I edit the disklabel? And how do I mount ADFS partitions that are
> > on drives with no BSD partitions at all?
>
> Use partition c. This refers to the whole drive, and is independant of the
> disc label (it is built into the driver). As filecorefs is read-only and
> the Filecore partition is always (unless you have multiple partitions) at
> the start of the drive, it is safe, though not nice, to use partition c for
> mounting the filecore partition of drives with more than just the filecore
> partition.
>
> The standard install system creates partition d pointing to the filecore
> partition on RiscPCs when building the disklabel, or at least used to.

Well I tried that.

If I do "mount -t filecore /dev/wd0c /mnt" I get no error. But if I do a
"ls -la /mnt" I can only see one file called "?" which is about 1.2GB big,
but I can not see the files I have on my ADFS partition.

If I do the same on wd0d I get the error "Device not configured."

Any idea what to do?

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p