Subject: Re: How to mount a ADFS partition?
To: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/20/1998 02:01:47
On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Peter Teichmann wrote:

> How do I have to mount an ADFS partition wich is on IDE drive 0?
> I guess it is something like "mount -t filecore /dev/wd0? /mnt".
> But which wd0?. wd0a, wd0b, wd0e are the NetBSD partitions on that
> drive. But which name has the ADFS partition? And why are the NetBSD
> partitions not numbered wd0a, wd0b, wd0c?

wd0a is normally your root partition
wd0b is normally your swap partition
wd0c represents the whole disc
wd0e is normally your usr partition

These allocations tend to be historical.

In order to mount an ADFS partition you need it described in your
disklabel. I noramlly use the d parition to describe any ADFS partition I
have at the start of the disk. You will probably find you will need to
edit you disklabel as the d parition will probably be marked unused.

Cheers,
				Mark