Subject: Support for ICS IDE v6
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Kennedy <darren.kennedy@rrds.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/19/1998 13:52:43
hi there,

I have a RiscPC 610, 2Mb VRam, 6.4GB HD, ics ide v6.

I understand this subject has come up before but I'm trying to find out what the
current state is regarding the ICS IDE i/f v6. (now APDL ARCIN).

I'm looking to put netbsd on my HD attached to this i/f. I know the kernels in
netbsd 1.3.2 don't like to talk to it as they hang on podule 0, but I'm hoping there
is a test kernel still around that I can try.

Unfortunately I was so successful in getting netbsd1.3.2 onto my old 420Mb HD
attached to the motherboard i/f that I treated myself to a new 6.4Gb + new i/f.  :-(

thanks,

Darren Kennedy.