Subject: RE: Shark updating, take two
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/19/1998 08:20:59
> Okay, so I applied the snapshot patches found on the ftp site (thanks
> everyone!), and I still get this from "make build":
>
> building shared c library (version 12.33)
> ld -x -shared  -o libc.so.12.33    --whole-archive libc_pic.a
> --no-whole-archive
> ld: libc_pic.a(brk.so): relocation for internal symbol expected at 0x40
> ld: libc_pic.a(sbrk.so): relocation for internal symbol expected at 0x38
> ld: internal error: libc_pic.a(brk.so): claim_rrs_internal_gotslot at
> 0x40: no reservation
> *** Error code 1

Yup, I saw the same thing. I believe there was a recent commit which changed
something in the relocation handling code. Unfortunately, the change breaks
'ld' again for arm32, even with the patches. You'll probably find 'ld'
refuses to link anything.

No way am I a linker expert, so I'll leave this one to someone else!

Cheers, Steve