Subject: Re: Undefined instruction?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Steve Woodford <steve@mctavish.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1998 17:02:46
On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> BTW, I am having one heckofatime updating my shark from that snapshot
> to the latest sources.  For example ... when I do a "make install"
> and ld.so gets installed, everything from then on core dumps.  Blech!

Do your -current sources include the ARM32-BROKEN-RELOCS patches for ld?
If not, this is almost certainly the problem.

Actually, the patches now don't apply cleanly to -current and even fixing
them by hand doesn't seem to produce a 100% working ld. I see a problem
when trying to build libc.so with a hand patched -current ld...

[to the list in general] Will this problem be fixed by binutils' linker?

Cheers, Steve