Subject: Internal drives
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Borrill <sborrill@xemplar.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1998 11:59:59
After a couple of posts about recent CATS kernels not detecting the
internal IDE (and no responses), I've now tried a very -current kernel on
a RiscPC which has exactly the same problem (luckily I've got a RAPIDE
which it does recognise, so I can boot up an prod around). While some of
kernel options have been altered, I've not touched the wd* type options.

At boot up the following is reported (all the control characters look
empty on the console, but this is the output of more /kern/msgbuf).

atapibus at ^X<F0><9F><E5>^X<F0><9F><E5>^X<F0><9F><E5><F4> channel 0 not
configured
drive at ^X<F0><9F><E5>^X<F0><9F><E5>^X<F0><9F><E5><F4> channel 0 drive 0
not configured

I presume this is part of Mark's work of moving to a more MI IDE
implementation. If so, how's progress. If not, what else is wrong?

Stephen Borrill