Subject: Re: Undefined instruction?
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/17/1998 03:23:30
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> >0x4c00048f =    stcmi   4, cr0, [r0], #-572
> >
> >Co-processor 4 is not a standard co-processor, so my guess is you are
> >trying to execute data -- ie your program jumped to never-never land.
>
> Hmmm, I guess a better question would be, "Why do I get this irregularly
> from make and cc when doing a make build?"  Is this a possible indicator
> of bad memory, perhaps?
Hi,
  Ok this is a bug somewhere in userland. Those poor folks you enjoy
pulling about binaries and in particular relocation tables may recognised
this as being a jmpslot entry for a shared library call ;-)

This something is bugged and is caused the processor to execute outside of
the binary's text area.

I'm hot on the trail ....

Cheers,
					Mark

PS. This is bug that appears to have been introduced in the October
snapshot.