Subject: Re: Anyone connecting to the Internet via a dial up account?
To: None <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/15/1998 23:15:40
> Is anyone using NetBSD to connect to the Internet via a dial up account. I
> know the relavent IP addresses for my ISP (Force 9) and so on and I was
> wondering what I need to do under BSD to get it working.

I connect to demon (which has static IP) using NetBSD.  A version of those
scripts can be found on my web page at http://www.black-star.demon.co.uk/.
along with the changes needed to make them work for other demon accounts. They
would also make a pretty good start for a dynamic IP ISP by removing any IP
addresses specified in /etc/ppp/options.

To make these scripts work for your ISP I would expect to have to change
demon-energis to do the correct dial and login for your ISP and to modify
/etc/resolv.conf to point to your ISP's nameservers. pppd should be able to
take care of the rest. If your ISP uses PAP or CHAP or you can't figure out
what to do drop me a mail and I'll do my best to help.

Mike