Subject: Networking dodgy after 48 hours
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dr. Stephen Borrill <sborrill@xemplar.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/14/1998 09:52:36
I've got a 1.3F CATS acting as web/smtp/imap, etc. server. It's generally
working fine, but after about 48 hours it struggles to make TCP connections
to the outside world. For instance, if I ftp to something, I get
421 Service not available. If I telnet on port 25, the machine at the
other end closes the connection straigt away. Same for pop, imap, etc.
However, after a reboot, everything works fine again for another 48 hours or
so. Obviously, there are so many variables here that it would be difficult
to track down the problem, unless it's a known fault. Any ideas?

--
Dr. Stephen Borrill