Subject: CATS and wd
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dr. Stephen Borrill <sborrill@xemplar.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/12/1998 15:46:28
I've just got the latest kernel sources (along with Mark's two patches
to arm32/include/types.h and arm32/footbridge/ebsa285_machdep.c) and brewed
up a kernel for a CATS board (Mark/Neil: It's that early machine I was first
sent). However, it isn't detecting any hard disc drives to boot from:
i.e. I get dropped to a root device: prompt which only understands md0[a-h],
de[01] and halt.

The following is a snippet from my config file (which is barely altered from
the file called CATS that is provided).

# PCI IDE Controllers and Devices
pciide* at pci? dev ? function ?
wdc*    at pciide? channel ?

# IDE drives
wd*     at wdc? drive ?                 # the drives themselves

# ATAPI bus support
atapibus* at wdc?

# ATAPI devices
cd*     at atapibus? drive ?            # ATAPI CD-ROM drives
sd*     at atapibus? drive ?            # ATAPI disk drives

What's missing?

--
Dr. Stephen Borrill