Subject: Re: possible arm32 fp tuning project.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/11/1998 11:47:12
At 7:33 -0700 10/11/98, Herb Peyerl wrote:

>mmmmm, I'd love to have some sort of hack that would allow my shark to
>decode mp3 in realtime... I don't mind running something that's not
>in-tree...

Me, too, but my impression from reading this list was that the problem was
the arm32 port's interrupt structure, and resulting interrupt response
latency leading to an inability to feed the shark sound chip at 44.1 KHz,
not lack of FP performance. See Charles Hannum's messages from August...

This is why I inquired about that issue recently.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>