Subject: Bootstrapping NetBSD
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: David Feustel <feustel@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/10/1998 10:18:23
How do I bootstrap NetBSD onto a Strongarm system?

I have a cdrom from Simtec with zipped/source and also
a file with name kernel.000. Unfortunately the boot loader
is refusing to acknowledge the existence of any file on the
cdrom, much less load any of the files, although the cdrom
is declared to be a bootable device during powerup initialization.

Can I use FreeBSD running on an x86 system to unpack the
Simtec CDROM files and copy them to an IDE drive and then
use the IDE drive as wd0a: on the CATS-based system?

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am at full stop right now.

Thanks.
--
David Feustel
Fort Wayne, Indiana