Subject: Re: Adding a disk to a shark
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1998 19:44:02
Hi,

> Is there any way I can get the open firmware to print what it can see of
> the partition table?  I really don't know any Forth at all, so wouldn't
> know where to start.

There is really a _lot_ of debugging possibilities in the firmware.
You can debug the Forth code, and you can debug any object code.
Both debuggers are even available when the OS already has taken over!

You should probably read the IEEE 1275 spec which describes most of this.
The last draft of this is available at
ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/1275/coredoc/1275-1994/1275.ps.gz
It's pretty much the same as the final copy.

Hope it helps.

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--