Subject: RE: Adding a disk to a shark
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1998 13:06:30
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Steve Woodford wrote:

: > - Make sure you have a MBR on the disk with partition type 165.  I'm not
: >   kidding.  (Incidentally, fdisk should probably be enabled for arm32.)
: >
: Hmmm, I just installed a brand new (never been used) drive on a Shark and
: the firmware booted it without me needing to put an MBR on it. I just
: disklabeled it, built a root filesystem and off it went...
:
: Even if the factory put a PC MBR on it, there would have been no NetBSD
: partitions.

OK, then perhaps I have been given misleading information.  I was under the
impression that it needed a MBR in order to boot.  Perhaps it's the fact
that Zip disks typically have MBRs ....