Subject: Re: Adding a disk to a shark
To: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1998 09:36:03
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998, Markus Baeurle wrote:

: > Naively, I thought I could build a file system on the base disk and then
: > the Open Firmware would see that next time it booted and use that.
: > Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.
:
: There is a little paragraph (5.2.2) about this in the Shark FAQ at
: http://www.duh.org/shark. I'm not sure if this will solve your problem.

Unfortunately, I have had life to deal with, which has kept me from doing
many things such as updating the unofficial Shark FAQ.

The solution:

- Make sure you have a MBR on the disk with partition type 165.  I'm not
  kidding.  (Incidentally, fdisk should probably be enabled for arm32.)
- Disklabel it.
- Bott disk:\netbsd, or hardlink /netbsd to /boot.