Subject: Re: possible arm32 fp tuning project.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/1998 12:05:26
Todd Whitesel wrote:

> And most importantly, are there known testsuites that the current code
> passes that I should use for regression checking?

Neil's FP Tester and the JCK :-) You need to make sureyou get the more
awkward stuff like NaN and infinity handling just right. This was the
reason initially I ported this library rather than use the ARM one---the
ARM one was a bit broken in the IEEE respsect at the time.

Rather than beefing up that code, it'd be better to at least upgrade
what's there to the latest version first. This has been on my to-do list
for ages, it's just never got done.

	Neil

--
Neil A. Carson