Subject: SCSI support
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/07/1998 19:57:49
Hi there,

after upgrading to the latest snapshot I found that it is not possible to
but with the SCSI test kernel. So I decided to compile a kernel with the
kernel sources patched using the rpcscsi.tar.gz. I tied it both with NetBSD-
current and NetBSD-1.3.2 sources. All compiled fine, and booted without
problems. Mounting the SCSI CD-Rom also worked. But after reading about
300-500 KBytes from CD-Rom the reading program always hangs. Other programs
trying to read from CD also hang, they also can not be killed. It is also
not possible to unmount the CD-Rom.

Any idea? I can not remember that I had these problems with the SCSI test
kernel. But the behaviour is exactly the same as with normal kernels, the
only difference is that the above problems already happen when mounting
SCSI devices.

For information: I have a RiscPC 600 with Strongarm rev. 2, and a Connect 32
SCSI controller.

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p