Subject: Slow moving Shark
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/07/1998 09:05:28
Greetings,

Bog-standard SHARK, with internal disk (root/usr):

I compiled a kernel yesterday from Saturday's (3/10) -current sources using
the SHARK conf file. The machine is now a dog! For example "dd if=/dev/zero
of=foo bs=16k count=100" to disk gives about 100kb/s. It's normally around
1Mb/s (this being an old and slow 2.5" disk).

The same command to an NFS-mounted disk shows less than 200kb/s. It's
normally over 300k/s (this being a slow NFS server :).

I also tried both commands in single-user mode, with the same results.

My next available spare time to check this out is Saturday, but I thought
I'd ask if this is one of those "Known Problems" with -current on the SHARK.

Cheers, Steve