Subject: Re: StrongARM replacement, 20 names on my list
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Tee <martin.tee@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/06/1998 19:12:50
On 03 Oct, Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

[snip]
> HI,
>   I have spoken to Gareth at simtec and he says that they are replacing
> all their rev S silicon with rev T silicon. This means they would provide
> rev T silicon for any upgrades they perform. Simtec are prepared to
> upgrade cards but state that it would be easier if they could do the
> upgrade on a number of cards in one go rather than having to do them
> individually. Also were they to receive a number of cards to upgrade in
> one go the upgrade cost would probably be less.
Is anyone following this up? I could be persuaded to coordinate it if
no-one else wants the job. Please let me know if your interested so we can
sort out the logistics of collecting and forwarding the cards (after we
get a firm price of course :-)

> Note: One point Gareth did make is that changing the silicon will change
> the timing characteristics of the CPU card and due to the way the tracks
> are layed out this could cause timing problems with 486 co-proc cards
> fitted (similar to the problems some people experienced in the early days
> of the 486 co-porc cards).
Fortunately I don't use the bacon fryer in my machine ;-)

Regards,

--
                    ___
martin.tee@argonet.co.uk   http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/martin.tee/