Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling from i386 to arm32
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@MIT.EDU>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/05/1998 16:24:58
On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Edwin Foo wrote:

> Yup, I saw the directory -- I asked because the last mail messages I saw on
> the list related to EBSA-285 said it was still a work in progress. I
> couldn't tell whether the support was complete -- there's no ChangeLog for
> any of the stuff in /sys/arch/arm32 .. hint, hint. :-)

from doc/CHANGES

        arm32: DC21285 'Footbridge' core logic support added [mark 19980906]
        arm32: EBSA285 architecture board support added [mark 19980906]

> Thanks though. Here's another question -- where's source for the bootloader
> mentioned in /sys/arch/arm32/docs/bootloader? =) boot/README (the file
> mentioned in there) doesn't appear anywhere in there as far as I can tell.
> For the project I'm working on I'll need to write a bootloader too, and I'm
> curious to see how the existing ones work -- anyone running NetBSD/arm32
> out of flash directly?

That text file is a bit out of date. The bootloader it refers to is the
boot loader for Acorn machines i.e. the RiscPC and A7000.

It is on the ftp site. The sources are included as part of the bootloader
package for Acorn machines. However the boot loader is in the form of a
spark archive (Acorn RiscOS format archive).

Cheers,
				Mark