Subject: Re: StrongARM replacement, 21 names on my list
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/05/1998 12:15:00
> On Wed, Sep 30, 1998 at 10:23:11PM +0100, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:
> >
> > You can figure out if you have a buggy version by doing one of the
> > following:
> > 1) Check the physical chip and see which letter is written after
> >    SA-110.
> > 2) Boot a recent kernel and see if it claims that you have a buggy
> >    SA-110 in the boot message.
>
> a) define "recent"; is this in the 1.3G (Aug 11 1998) SHARK kernels?
> b) I see:
>
> cpu0 at mainbus0: SA-110 rev 3 DC enabled IC enabled WB enabled EABT
>
> what is this?
>
> 	-is

It's a rev S (maybe a revT unless they say rev 4, but I doubt it in a
shark since most were made with rev S silicon).

The rev 3 is what the processor ID register returns, it is incremented
much less often than the letter stamped on the package.

So:

rev 1 -- You've been diddled, how does it ever work! :-)

rev 2 -- SA with J or K on the top.

rev 3 -- SA with S or T on the top

R.