Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling from i386 to arm32
To: Mark Brinicombe , Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@MIT.EDU>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/04/1998 14:45:56
Could this cross-linker be made available so the rest of the unwashed
masses can use it? :-)

Also, an unrelated question -- is EBSA-285 support, or more specifically,
FootBridge 21285 support, integrated into the lastest -current sources?

thanks,
Edwin

At 09:21 PM 10/3/98 +0100, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Todd Vierling wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Edwin Foo wrote:
>>
>> : I don't have an ARM-based machine to start developing on, so the
>> : cross-compiler is really my only way out to get my project bootstrapped.
>> :
>> : In particular, I'm trying to start from -current/i386 (dated 10/1/98),
and
>> : I have a current snapshot of egcs. Should I also get binutils from
gnu? And
>> : is arm-unknown-netbsd a valid target? And what is getassym and is
relavence
>> : to kernel builds?
>>
>> FYI, you can get a cross-compiler that produces _static_ binaries as we're
>> still working on the support to make dynamically linked or shared binaries
>> in a cross linker.
>
>Erm I have a cross linker that appears to work ok on dynamic binaries ...
>It was not something that I just typed make to build though ;-)
>
>> mark@netbsd.org or neil@netbsd.org will probably chime in now with the
>> information on patches you can use against the out of the box GNU binutils.
>Use neil@causality.com as neil@netbsd.org is Neil McRae.
>
>Cheers,
>				Mark

Edwin Foo        | MIT Computer Science - BS '98, MEng. '99
efoo@mit.edu     | Compaq Computer Corp. - Cambridge Research Lab
(617) 225-9715   | MIT Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) Developer

       "Love must be sincere; Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
http://hesed.mit.edu/~efoo                       - Romans 12:9 <><