Subject: Cross-Compiling from i386 to arm32
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@MIT.EDU>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1998 17:51:40
Hi,

I saw some messages on this topic sometime back, but didn't see any
concrete responses. If anyone out there has done this successfully and
wouldn't mind sharing their knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it. I
don't have an ARM-based machine to start developing on, so the
cross-compiler is really my only way out to get my project bootstrapped.

In particular, I'm trying to start from -current/i386 (dated 10/1/98), and
I have a current snapshot of egcs. Should I also get binutils from gnu? And
is arm-unknown-netbsd a valid target? And what is getassym and is relavence
to kernel builds?

Thanks in advance,
Edwin

Edwin Foo        | MIT Computer Science - BS '98, MEng. '99
efoo@mit.edu     | Compaq Computer Corp. - Cambridge Research Lab
(617) 225-9715   | MIT Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) Developer

       "Love must be sincere; Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
http://hesed.mit.edu/~efoo                       - Romans 12:9 <><