Subject: Re: EBSA285
To: Kazuki Sakamoto <sakamoto@cec.co.jp>
From: Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1998 07:51:51
Greetings,

We are trying to do something simliar here, only the hardware we are trying
to get NetBSD/arm32 to run on is not quite an ebsa-285, but our own
hardware.  I am currently writing the firmware to load this kernel.  What
we are doing is loading an s-record over the serial port into RAM, and then
page aliging the various sections down at 0.  There are other entry conditions
that the kernel expects, which can be found in the initarm() routine in
ebsa285_machdep.c.  These conditions can be changed in there to match what
your firmware does.

Currently, I am having trouble enabling the MMU on our board.  The CPU
seems to hang everytime.  What are the exact steps for enabling the MMU
on the StrongARM, does anyone know?  I build my section table right before
attempting to enable it, and I am making sure the place I am running from
will be mapped the same once the MMU is on.  If I could get by this, I could
attempt to jump to the kernel entry point and begin to debug the kernel!
Any help is appreciated!  Thanks!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group